In this two hour workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- Basic knife safety
- Basic theory of knife sharpening
- Discuss the tools and technique needed to sharpen and maintain a good edge on household, camping, hunting, and filleting knives
- What is a burr and why is it important in sharpening?
- Do we really need to strop? And with what?
- An opportunity to make a sharpening block to take home
- Practice maintaining an angle while sharpening a blade
What to bring: If you have a knife of mild high carbon or stainless steel that you would like to practice sharpening on (under 6 inch blade length), please feel free to bring it. If not, there will be some practice knives available.
Cost: $20+GST. Registration is required so sufficient materials can be purchased beforehand. Class size is limited to 8. Must be over 18 yrs to attend.
Date: April 1st from 6-7:30 pm
Location: The North Face Regina, 2018 Park Street, Regina, SK