Have you ever struggled to cut something with a dull knife that you wish you could sharpen? This might be the workshop for you!
Cost: $5 course material fee
Location: The North Face Regina, 2018 Park Street, Regina, SK
In this two hour workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- Basic knife safety
- Basic theory of knife sharpening
- Discuss the tools and technique needed to sharpen and maintain a good edge on household, camping, hunting, and filleting knives
- What is a burr and why is it important in sharpening?
- Do we really need to strop? And with what?
- An opportunity to make a sharpening block to take home
- Practice maintaining an angle while sharpening a blade
What to bring: If you have a knife of mild high carbon or stainless steel that you would like to practice sharpening on (under 6 inch blade length), please feel free to bring it. If not, there will be some practice knives available.
There is a $5.00 material cost recovery fee for this workshop. Preregistration is required so sufficient materials can be purchased beforehand. Class size is limited to 8. Must be over 18 yrs to attend.
Additional info: Knife sharpening is a topic that is covered in the Bushcraft Courses offered during the spring & fall.
We hope to see you there!