Summit Series is BACK!
Summit Series from The North Face is available in stores this morning. The best of the best of the best. Also a great line from Will Smith’s Men in Black. The North Face first pulled the line in 2014 to re-design, and re-tool the collection for Fall 2015. They worked with some of their best athletes like Conrad Anker and Hillary O’Neil to create a simple but effective layering system to handle the toughest of adventures. Or to handle the cold winter & weather of the Prairies.
In a summary, here are the layers –
- L1. Baselayer – From day one until your mission is complete, it’s the only piece you never take off. This baselayer keeps you warm and comfortable.
- L2. Soft-shell – When you’re working hard, there’s a thin line between comfort and misery. This fleece mid-layer strikes the ultimate balance of protection and comfort.
- L3. Down Jacket – This ultralight down mid-layer is your go-to piece for when the sun sinks below the ridge.
- L4. ThermoBall Jacket – Getting wet in the wrong gear can push you towards disaster. Our warmest synthetic mid-layer retains heat, even in the nastiest conditions.
- L5. Gore-tex Fuseform Jacket & Pant Shell – Weather is the only certainty in the mountains. Be prepared for the worst possible conditions with the most advanced shell we’ve ever built.
- L6. Down Parka – When the entire world’s cold is piling on you, this outer-layer belay jacket will save your ass and keep you from freezing.
This year there are some fit changes, and some improvements in technology, the most notable, Gore-tex meets Fuseform in the L5 Shell Jacket & Pant.
Our staff were lucky to be able to test the various layers last year, here are some of their thoughts & feedback.
Neil Glasser of Regina – “The L1 baselayer is amazing, best non wool baselayer I have worn yet! Once you get over the sticker shock with the price, try it on and the fit will sell you on it. After your first use you will be so happy you spent the money”
Lisa Walker of Saskatoon – ” The L4 ThermoBall is fantastic, warmer then the regular ThermoBall, and all I need for a winter jacket cause I run warm!”
Personally I loved the L3 Down Layer. With the fuseform shell it was tougher and lighter then all my previous down puffy jackets. Fantastic in damp winter weather like Fernie BC, and my go to jacket for most days.
Stop in any of our 3 locations and check out the Summit Collection for yourself, why not spoil yourself and buy all 6 layers, or start with 1 layer like the L3 or L4.